Air Emissions and Air Quality Studies
Benbow Environmental is able to provide a comprehensive range of services within the fields of air emissions and air quality. This includes measuring emissions and air quality at sites according to Australian Standards, modelling air dispersion and air pollution impacts, developing management programmes and controls, and interpreting the regulations concerning air matters.
A wider description of these services follows below.
- Design of ventilation systems
- Stack design to prevent health effects on the residential community or odour nuisance
- Computer modelling using ‘AUSPLUME’ and 'CALPUFF'
- Performance assessment of combustion processes
- Environmental Monitoring Programmes
- Environmental Auditing
- Due Diligence Programmes
- Assistance with environmental protection licence applications and annual reporting to regulators
- Climatic effects on air emissions
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) – building air conditioning/ventilation systems
- Measurement of particle size distributions of emissions
- Design control measures
Odour Measurement and Control
Benbow Environmental can measure and determine odour dilution units (ODU), or odour concentration in odour units (OU), from olfactometry laboratory analysis and real-time field measurement devices such as the “Nasal Ranger”. From these measurements, specific odour emission rates can be calculated.
Odour releases from existing and proposed operations can also be assessed using industry recognised modelling techniques to determine odour impacts, and thus allow the means to plan for control measures if need be.
Some examples of industries and clients Benbow Environmental have worked with include:
- Metal Processing and Fabrication – Alcoa & Ingal Civil Products;
- Building Materials – Readymix, CSR Building materials;
- General Manufacturing – Aeropack Australia, Nestle;
- Waste Industry - WSN Environmental, Wanless Waste Corp, Visy Recycling, Cleanaway, Stericorp;
- Produce Industry - Poultry farms, Piggery farms, poultry processing facilities;
- Energy – Smithfield cogeneration plant, Huntley (NZ) cogeneration plant; and
- Sustainable industries – EDL Appin and Tower Methane conversion plants, Sydney gas sites.